Agonal Breathing- Blessed Are Those Who Mourn cassette review (No Rent)

Agonal Breathing- Blessed Are Those Who Mourn cassette review (No Rent)


Transmissions from the other side. July 2000 is a faraway radio a gentle pulsing as layers of static build. Reminds me of my beach vacation this year. The ocean provides a continuous backdrop of sound while the neighboring apartment had some freak-out fight that woke me up. Would the 2 am fight turn sinister? Nah, they fought the next night.

That's When I Found His Body has the perfect synth tones. So gnarly and filthy. I love those fat sounding tones. That build-in at 4 minutes never truly buries the synth when it would be easy to go full freak-out. I appreciate the restraint.

The song title reminds me of when I decided to make a body. We had a roll of old carpet and old shoes. Rolled it all up and made tons of fake blood and dumped it in the stairwell of an apartment building on campus. No idea if it freaked anyone out but we were at total war with college kids on my street. They'd make comments toward us and we would vandalize their homes. We'd super glue pennies over their door locks, spray paint insane shit all over their house. Anyway, Agonal Breathing is a sick ass tape. 

Comments

Popular Posts