Snub Nose- Dry Socket cassette review (No Rent)

 


Snub Nose- Dry Socket cassette review (No Rent)

Bandcamp: https://norentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/dry-socket-nrr155

From Raekwon "surgical gloves"

Surgical gloves, snubs in the grass with the blood

"Homie, hold that", the four black

We black down, Gold Jag'

Ol' laughing, yo, what the fuck happened?

"Surgical Gloves" is one of the top Rae songs and a wild Alchemist beat. The snub nose is totally iconic. From movies to rap to Andy Warhol, it resonates. I had heard of the Snub Nose noise project on Instagram somewhere and decided to check it out.

First, how the fuck hasn't there been a NYHC band named Snub Nose? 

Second, and more importantly, how is the Snub Nose cassette?

Visually, it sounds like this.


I stood around the kitchen imagining playing Area 51 and blasting Snub Nose. Then I thought about reading The Eternaut while having this cassette on repeat. "Killing Infinity" is such a ripping final chapter. I expected entirely deranged PE but what I got was epic harsh noise created for a world post invasion and pre-annihilation. I'm sorry it's sold out because it fucking rules.

Comments

Popular Posts