Pyrexia- sermon of mockery (Century Media) review

 

Pyrexia- sermon of mockery (Century Media) review


In like 1997, this was sitting in my local CD store used bin for ages. I hated the artwork and didn't realize it was mad rare. I took it home eventually for $2 and jammed the fuck out of it. I sold it back year later (and two copies of the Clean Flesh CD....fuck) and never saw it again. 

I grabbed the Century Media LP reissue with less worse but still bad art and fuck does it rip. NYDM is some hardbody shit. So much groove, "Resurrection" break down fuck. The drums legit sound like gunfire on "Abominat." There are slam parts but it feels totally organic and not overdone or corny.  Breakdown in "The Uncreation" should be played on the stadium PA on repeat when the Giants defense is on the field.

As a whole, this record is unrelenting with great songwriting and entirely exemplifies NYDM to a t and a pinnacle brutal death metal record. It's refreshing to listen to an all-time classic as this paved the way for modern bands. An essential release that I'm glad I finally own again. 

Comments

Popular Posts