Misery Engine "Shahadat" cassette review (Black Artifact)

Misery Engine "Shahadat" cassette review (Black Artifact)

Bandcamp: https://blackartifact.bandcamp.com/album/shahadat

First, I've been big up on Black Artifact and try to grab most of the label releases because they are high quality joints. My enjoyment of the Misery Engine project is noted so when I learned this was happening, I had to snag it.

Ok, what the fuck, the tones achieved on Misery Engine "shahadat" are so filthy. I have an old Sequential Circuits Prophet 600 and I live in the bass-y tones. There is a real fattiness to the deeper notes that makes it sound super menacing. There are some real speaker shredder moments throughout this tape. 

The eight minute mark of "Gears of the Machine" starts the most melancholy moments on the tape while electrical bursts skitter and echo and yet another grim reminder of the war machine in action. Both side are entirely massive in scope.

Chalk up another masterful release from Misery Engine and another top notch release from Black Artifact. What the fuck are you going to do in 2023? 

Comments

Popular Posts