Ceremonium- into the autumn shade cassette review (Rotter Records)


Ceremonium- into the autumn shade cassette review (Rotter Records)

Bandcamp: https://ceremoniumband.bandcamp.com/album/into-the-autumn-shade

Yo man, 1995 was a sick year. I def wore a Biohazard tour shirt from Blue Grape to school with a person pointing a gun on it (shout out to pre-Columbine). While the Biohazard tour shirt had some cred, I was not up on Ceremonium because I lived in Butthole Ohio. 

I had checked out Ceremonium probably 10 years ago. They are one of those legendary bands that remained obscure because whatever reason. The OG cover art is incredible. It looks like a vivid sky through a stained glass window and does not have goats or anything blasphemous on it. It works incredibly well painting a doomy atmosphere.  

Stained glass is some borderline evil shit. You know that you are in a house that is old as fuck if there is stained glass. My old man's house had a window (I shit you not) that had a child's name etched into the glass. The kid died during construction. Not on the job site but elsewhere.

Additionally, my dad hired some teenage miscreants to demolish the third floor. There wasn't access to a working toilet so these teen freaks were pissing in old mayonnaise jars and hiding them under the floorboards. I hope they are still there and somehow my ratty ass stepmom gets drenched in urine. 

The doggs that play on this are live members of Incantation and pre-Life of Agony members so you know they have some chops. This is some high tiered shit that is a total time capsule into the vibe. Highly recommended if you've already worn out your copy of Onward to Golgotha. 

Comments

Popular Posts