Cadaver Shrine- demo review (Dying Sun Records)

 


Cadaver Shrine- demo review (Dying Sun Records)

Bandcamp: https://dyingsunrecords.bandcamp.com/album/demo-i

Every summer I would help my dad and volunteer for a week as a counselor at a church camp in Butthole Ohio. Legit hangout with total fucking maniacs from deep in the butthole. I remember circa 1995 buying a copy of Onward to Golgotha on the way to church camp and blasting the shit out of it. Who knows what those folks thought of some hesher blasting totally ripping death metal in the cabin. I would play cards until 5 am, set off fireworks in the cabin while kids were sleeping, play basketball non-stop, all kinds of cool shit. 

Anyhow, Cadaver Shrine is a monstrous demo. Sometimes on Bandcamp, it's a 1-song "oh shit I gotta get this" and I wasn't even through the first song and had to support. This demo has the thunderous hooves of Satan coming up behind you. The Deceiver Cometh is a nasty cut. Cavernous vocals are present. This is the complete package of a death doom demo tape. 

Curious about demo 2?! Always appreciate when bands take the time to record demos and not dive into half-brained full lengths. This is done right and done well. Side project of another great project so I would not expect any less. Also, mad props to Euro postal system for getting tapes into my grubby paws with a quickness. 

Comments

Popular Posts