Tee Vee Repairmen- what's on tv review (Total Punk)

Tee Vee Repairmen- what's on tv review (Total Punk) 

Bandcamp: https://totalpunkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/whats-on-tv

Oz has it. They fucking have it. I remember being at the MRR house decades ago and taping "the joke's on us" and "television addict" and being blown away. I legit had a brick of blanks to tape rare shit and Australian rarities were on the top of my list. Fast forward to Eddy Current Suppression Ring's "having a hard time" being on repeat for hours. Then, more recently the Satanic Togas flawless LP. 

While hanging out at my hellscape job, Tee Vee Repaimen was suggested on Youtube. It was the video for "People". Fucking perfect. This is a perfect power pop + proto punk blend. Hooks galore, weird synth, jangli-ness, variety where every song doesn't sound the same. 

I had to drive deep into Butthole Ohio. This was the perfect early morning rural driving. "Bus Stop", "Checkout Queue", "Drowning" is a perfect trifecta. Seriously "Drowning" sounds so deeply rooted in the nooks of my brain as something that I have heard before and fell in love with. There are several songs that I can just repeat over and over again. 

You know what this record is? The sound of vacation. Not "fucking kids are being dicks and I got run off the road by a semi and fuck all this shit" vacation where the stress of life gets in the way of relaxation. Rather this is the sound of getting in the car, saying fuck work, leaving whenever, I'm headed to the beach or whatever and there isn't any traffic on the drive at all. And you get the total life recharge that we all deserve. 

Album of the year? Contender for sure. Good ass tunes? An entire fucking album of them.

Comments

Popular Posts