Malignant- Reign of Decrepitude Review (Transylvanian)

 


Malignant- Reign of Decrepitude Review (Transylvanian)

Bandcamp: 


Bandcamp Friday rolled around and I was scrolling through new metal cassettes and saw this and immediate cop. Malignant rules. Obsessed with the first demo. I didn't realize that it was on Transylvanian or I would have bought the entire drop. Alas, I'm a fucking idiot but I could not order this release fast enough. 

This band rules. Still waiting on the 12" of the first demo (or a cassette pressing). I rep the long sleeve from that demo. Some fucking wack-a-doo at Starbucks said it was a "zazzy shirt". WHAT IS ZAZZY ABOUT "ABOMINATIONS OF RECYCLED FLESH"? Sorry, butthole Ohio has a strict stupid butthole policy. I suppose it's more zazzy than the pro-gun weirdo shirts that every obese version of John Rambo sports around here. Anyhow, suck my dick, buttholes. 

Malignant sounds Floridian through and through. OSDM heads rejoice."Depolarization of the Spine" reminds me of Legion. Maybe it's the vocal stylings. Not as insane as Legion but punishing nonetheless. Man, I want a full length from these folks. Cover of Cannibal Corpse "put them to death" which is solid. To be honest, I hate covers on a release. I'd rather another original than a near flawless rendition of another bands song. Live, sure thing but on a release... nah. 

That logo should be sick ass graffiti. It's perfect. 

Malignant vs. Malignancy vs. Malignant Altar vs. Malignant (the movie)

Not to be confused with the band Malignancy, Malignant Altar, or the movie Malignant. Which strangely, all rule. Let's break down this Google "People Also Ask" section from the movie Malignant.


I know there are some stupid people in Butthole, Ohio but if you've seen Malignant... how the fuck can that be based on a true story? How can that cross anyones fucking mind? If you haven't seen Malignant, don't wait. It's great. The final 20 minutes are totally bonkers. 

SPOILER ALERT.









A conjoined twin grows out of the back of your head and turns you into a homicidal maniac with superhuman powers happens all the fucking time. Remember that girl Tammy from band? Yeah, she killed a bunch of people when the remnants of her conjoined twin took over her body and made her a superhuman monster. IT REALLY HAPPENED. Or the internet has made everyone fucking stupid. 

Pic of my brother from the family reunion. We killed everyone at Outback Steakhouse AND Texas Roadhouse. TRUE STORY.

Comments

Popular Posts