Gosudar/ Malignant Altar split LP review (Rotted Life)

 

Gosudar/ Malignant Altar split LP review (Rotted Life)

Bandcamp: https://rottedlife.bandcamp.com/album/gosudar-malignant-altar-split

If you buy metal LPs there are those real FOMO moments. I remember when the first Urfaust LP dropped and I searched for HOURS trying to find an international distro that had a copy and struck out. Fast forward to month later and my roommate won it on eBay and flaked so I snaked him and I bought it from the seller. 

The Weakling LP was one of those records too. Saw it at Aquarius on a west coast jaunt but didn't cop. Snagged one from Vinyl Vengeance if you were one of those FMP lurkers. Shout out to that distro that shit was forever laced with total insanity.

Fucking Gosudar LP is a FOMO for me. I should have but I didn't and now I'm listening to these cuts like fuck maaaan. Totally rotten Russian death here. Smoke some dust and blast the fuck out of this. Hopefully there will be a new pressing or I can catch some dumbfuck selling a copy.

Then there is Malignant Altar. Not gonna front, that full length is loaded with resting stink face all over it. I bought this split because of a fucking drum fill. I mean, there are two songs from each band, I kinda hate it because it's only two songs from each band. I had to sample it and see if it was worth the scrilla. I heard a drum fill and was like, fuck this I gotta own it. Malignant Altar isn't a blast snooze fest. There are cool intricacies throughout their releases. Killer release and super sad that Malignant Altar called it quits.

Comments

Popular Posts