Permanent- hunger or nausea LP review (Modern Tapes)

 


Permanent- hunger or nausea LP review (Modern Tapes)

Bandcamp: https://moderntapes.bandcamp.com/album/hunger-or-nausea

Permanent has been on permanent rotation. I can't speak higher of this record. Driving, moving, and modern. It is without pretension while being sophisticated and cinematic. Legitimately I was walking down my long ass driveway in total darkness listing to "Jack of Diamonds" and I felt like I was ready to rob a bank or something. Industrial vibes throughout with rhythmic sections dropping in and out. If I still worked in record stores, this would be a must stock and I would sell the shit out it. Is "Nude Photo With a Face" the sound of modern factory automation? Robocop being built? Get me to the knocking at the 2 minute mark of Nude Photo With a Face and the swirling psyched out synth. "I Wish Love" is wild with the Janet sample. I am absolutely in love with this release. Only 100 exist. Grab it before the inevitable. 

Comments

Popular Posts