Misery Engine/ XLV split cassette review (Deathbed Tapes)

Misery Engine/ XLV split cassette review (Deathbed Tapes)

Bandcamp: https://deathbedtapes.bandcamp.com/album/misery-engine-xlv

I'm lightweight sick and it's -6 degrees outside with howling winds deep in Butthole Ohio. I made a large Deathbed order with a bunch of stuff to check out and the Misery Engine/ XLV split hit the cart pretty quickly. 

Misery Engine brings total cacophonous mayhem with train whistles interspersed. Four minute mark is seriously horror movie level score. I might turn on Tetsuo The Iron Man on mute and listen to this cut on repeat. 

Parts remind me of threading pipe. I worked for years at a hardware store and always relished in cutting and threading galvanized and black iron pipe. Cutting 2" was a total fight with the old ass Rigid pipe cutter we had. You couldn't hear anything over that machine and it was really easy to zone into making cuts and threading.

I'm not familiar with XLV prior to this release but it rules. Pulsing industrial madness through 64-bit sound effects. Quite an interesting pairing as XLV is up-tempo. I feel like I'm living in fast-forward listening to this.

Comments

Popular Posts