Vessel of Flesh- do not resuscitate cassette review (Deathbed Tapes)


 

Vessel of Flesh- do not resuscitate cassette review (Deathbed Tapes)

Bandcamp: https://deathbedtapes.bandcamp.com/album/do-not-resuscitate

I was driving through eastern Ohio the other day and I drove through Egypt Valley. It got me thinking about living in eastern Ohio during the satanic panic and how Egypt Valley is some hotbed for ghosts and cult shit. My wack-a-doo stepmom told me about the time that her friend had cult members hiding in the trees outside her home. I thought that was cool as fuck to be honest. Who knows if it was true.

Egypt Valley was near Piedmont Lake and I went to a church camp there from 5th grade through high school. The first year I was there, I was introduced to Mark. He played football in junior high and was on steroids and out of his mind. While we were at camp, someone tried to burglarize the neighboring Boy Scout camp which triggered an alarm that we could hear at like 2 am. We could hear the culprits running through the woods and Mark stepped outside to challenge them to fight. The culprits never came to our cabin to fight but I won't forget Mark's insanity. 

Later that summer, Mark got drunk, kicked in someones front door and beat some dude to a pulp. The dude's wife smashed Mark in the head with a cast iron pan which rendered him unconscious until the police could arrive. I forget what Mark said to the judge during court, it was something really gnarly and he got into serious trouble. Mark is like an attorney meets executive for a bank now.

What does all of this have to do with Vessel of Flesh? The art and titles took me back to eastern Ohio hellscape. But does Vessel of Flesh destroy lives in the name of Satan? "Anxiously Awaiting Death" careens into complete obliteration. Fist fight hillbillies in Butthole, Ohio until your life is vaporized. You don't need life anyway. Historically Insignificant is extremely brutal. Power wash your own skin to this joint. Big fan of the layout. Shout to Vessel of Flesh for some harshed out insanity.

Comments

Popular Posts